The fitness industry took a serious turn when the COVID-19 pandemic hit. Many fitness instructors and studios were forced to pivot and move classes online, resulting in a permanent change to how the $32 billion industry works. In fact, 72% of fitness clubs are now offering on-demand and livestream group workouts, up from 25% in 2019, according to fitness research firm ClubIntel. Virtual fitness is booming and expected to reach $59.23 billion by 2027, according to Allied Market Research.
Yoga instructors alike turned to the virtual class format. A study by Jenni Rawlings shows less than 10% of yoga teachers offered online sessions before COVID-19, and now 86% of teachers report having offered online classes.
Whether you’ve already started teaching online or are looking to venture into the “new normal” of fitness, this post breaks down everything you need to consider before jumping online. Below, we will discuss the benefits of taking your yoga practice online and tips and resources for getting started.
When you take your yoga practice online, you can unlock benefits such as:
- Help an endless number of people since there is no limit to the number of people you can influence
- Bring together a global community to better health and happiness
- Generate passive income
- Gain location independence because you can teach classes from any location
- Monetize social media by earning money from Social Media posts
Take Your Yoga Teaching Online in These Simple Steps:
1. Reflect on the Niche You Want to Teach
Once you move your practice online, you need to establish a clear niche for your business, an area that will differentiate you from other instructors out there.
Ask yourself some of these questions and be honest with yourself:
- Do you have a unique approach to mindfulness?
- What types of people do you want to cater to?
- Do you want to educate people?
Take some time to reflect on these questions and consider how you can benefit the community.
2. Create A Few Videos to Discover Your Style
Now that you know what to teach experiment with the different teaching methods to a camera and find what is comfortable for you.
Three styles to try:
- Studio Presentation– Instruct from your mat, just like if you were teaching a live class
- Class Instruction– Record your studio sessions, a right approach if you are streaming your classes but can come off impersonal at moments.
- Follow-along Instruction– Perform flows for your studios, then provide instructions through voiceovers.
3. Create your website or join Balance WithUs
Balance’s affordable all-in-one platform is a high-quality business tool for any wellness instructor looking to offer digital products and services. Offer livestream or in-person classes, private sessions, class series, workshops, events, and retreats to engage with your community in real-time. You can host free, paid, or donation-based classes individually or as a part of a class package or membership. Balance empowers instructors by providing a marketplace for their services while also connecting instructors to consumers! You can your website powered by Balance instead of building everything up in your website!!
4. Pick a Pricing Model and Set your Prices
With Balance, you have the flexibility to set your own prices for everything you offer on your schedule and for your content.
Additionally, host your videos on Balance’s on-demand library with convenient YouTube and Vimeo integrations. This will allow your clients to make individual one-time video purchases or subscribe monthly for full access.
5. Create a User Funnel to Build Your Community
A user funnel is a system that brings new people into your community consistently.
Here are some steps to create this funnel:
- Share your content by publishing videos and content to social media platforms like Instagram and Tik Tok.
- Refer them back to your site or Balance, tell them how to sign up, and join you on the mat.
As you can see, there is genuinely limitless potential by branching out and teaching yoga online. Move out beyond the mat and fall in love with being able to teach yoga your way from anywhere in the world!
To learn more about the benefits of joining Balance as an instructor, please visit https://www.balance-withus.com/instructors and start your free trial today.